4.8.11

[review] Super Junior - Mr. Simple

it's my first time to write a review
the review is based on my own opinion so please don't blame me if you didn't like it :p

okay, so my first review is Super Junior's 5th album, "Mr. Simple"


Super Junior - 5th Album
when I looked at the cover art I was thinking that Siwon is too way sexy XD. Even he apologized for being too sexy on the cover (hehe). But it didn't suit him. The rest is okay (especially Eunhyuk. He's cool!)

I kept thinking why SM make a cover like that? It suits the songs but the color didn't attract me.

The good thing is the members changed drastically. The most shocking are, Leeteuk, his angel smile is gone (if you watch their MV, Leeteuk didn't smile once) and of course Eunhyuk :). His blonde hair looks cool and he is a (totally) different person!! And he didn't rap too in their title song.





01. Mr. Simple
Their title song and the best song in this album :). This kind of song can only be sung by Super Junior. The beat is energetic and makes us wanna dance! It's way better than Bonamana and No Other. The autotune makes the song sounds more fun. The special thing is Leeteuk and Shindong rap in this song but Eunhyuk didn't (or maybe I didn't hear his voice??) and I think Leeteuk's rap is good :D. I recommend this song not only for ELF but also for you who loves dancing!
Rate : ✮✮✮✮✮ 5/5

02. 오페라 (Opera)
Fisrt listening, the intro is annoying. Second listening, start to like it. Third listening, it's addictive! Eventhough it's not as good as Mr. Simple but still, this song reflects Super Junior's typical song. But sometimes it'll sounds like a game sound XD
Rate : ✮✮✮✮✮ 5/5

03. 라라라라 (Be My Girl)
Good but not perfect. The first verse the members just like rapping than singing. In the chorus, they're singing and the melody is nice :). My favourite part is when Kyuhyun hits the high note.
Rate : ✮✮✮✮ 4/5

04. Walkin'
More like western song (country song maybe) but their voices are match this song :) The chorus is good, but it didn't show Super Junior's uniqueness.
Rate : ✮✮✮ 3/5

05. 폭풍 (Storm)
One of their ballad track. I'm not a fan of ballad track but it's sooooo good!! Super Junior K.R.Y voices are dominant in here but it just make the song more touching
Rate : ✮✮✮✮ 4/5

06. 어느새 우린 (Good Friends)
It's the only one track I didn't like from their album. The song is good but it just doesn't suit with my taste :P. Well, I can't write more than this since I only play the song thrice.
Rate : ✮✮ 2/5

07. 결투 (Feels Good)
The electro intro is good, but the repetition of "feels good" is funny XD. Maybe you can hear this type of song from other boygroup but Super Junior has their own melody. The song's quite short and there's nothing special on its verses.
Rate : ✮✮✮ 3/5

08. 기억을 따라 (Memories)
It's another ballad track. We will hear Kyu's voice in opening and I think this kind of song is soundtrack typically. It's shocking that 10 people can mix their voices and make a song like this. It's really good so I will recommend this song for you
Rate : ✮✮✮✮ 4/5

09. 해바라기 (Sunflower)
A fun,sweet, and calm song. Listening to this will make you feel relax~ it also has country backsound. I think this song will match well with summer!
Rate : ✮✮✮✮ 4/5

10. 엉뚱한 상상 (White Christmas)
Another song which sounds like a soundtrack. It's cheerful and fun. At first I think it'll be a ballad since the title is White Christmas but I'm totally wrong XP. Overall it's good and makes you wanna jump and sing along. If they sing this song at their concert, ELF would go crazy for sure :D
Rate : ✮✮✮ 3/5

11. Y
Is it really written by Donghae? 'Cause it's really good :). Actually there's nothing special in this song but in this song, we can hear their smooth voices.
Rate : ✮✮✮✮ 4/5

12. My Love, My Kiss, My Heart
My second favorite track after Mr. Simple. Sounds like R'n'B song and it's addictive! Maybe some of you will think it's boring, but they rarely sang this kind of song. I recommend this for you!! 5 stars of course ;)
Rate : ✮✮✮✮✮ 5/5

13. 태완미 (太完美: Perfection) (Bonus Track)
I'm sure all of you have listened to this song. Actually it's a song from Super Junior M Taiwanese song, "Perfection". One of the best tracks from this album. But for me, I prefer Taiwan version.
Rate : ✮✮✮✮ 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment